Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blurb of the Week


            So, after many rumors and stories, the Mail Tribune has posted today that we are officially getting a Traders Joe's. Actually, not only a Trader Joe's but also a REI. I cannot explain to you how excited I am, I love Trader Joe's. I know that there are many of you who are fans of Trader Joe's, and many have also been wanting one to come to the valley. Trader Joe's is full of affordable natural and organic food, have amazing prices on beer and wine, and is just a cool place to shop. Every time I go to a city that has a Trader Joe's I always end up with a list from my friends, and must go searching for their favorite items. I am guilty as well, and must indulge in their famous curries, peanut butter puffs, and baby artichokes.

            REI is also an exciting adventure, although it doesn’t carry food, they still have amazing items to purchase. They have some of the best camping gear, and the best return policies as well. I never feel bad about paying a bit more than usual at REI, because they will return any damaged item. Also, what this means to the valley is also lots of jobs. REI was voted 100 best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, while Trader Joe's has a site where employees have rated working at it, and it is hard to find anything negative about them. I used to work at a couple different grocery stores, and find this hard to believe that almost all of the employees rate it well. After reading about Trader Joe's, just the fact that your boss is called Captain would make me happy enough. So hooray, the valley is getting better in many ways, and get to share the joy of fantastic camping gear, good food, and who knows what else is to come to this amazing shopping center. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment