Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Blurb of the Week

      Turducken 2.0
    
     Since it is two days until Thanksgiving, I just had to bring up the turducken. For those of you not aware of what a turducken is, it is a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey. Wow right. I first heard of these when I worked in a natural food store, and we would get a ton of orders, with each turducken costing around $100.00. Although I have never tasted one of these items, I have always wondered what it would be like (but not curious enough to actually buy it). While I was looking up recipes for Thanksgiving I came across versions of turduckens that blew my mind, apparently stuffing two birds into a third just wasn’t extreme enough.



            In my findings of turducken versions, I found items stuffed with turkey I can’t even imagine. One I found is a gurducken, which is just like a turducken stuffed in a goose. Or a hotcken, whish is a chicken stuffed with hot dogs, with has a nickname as the poor man’s turducken. Tofucken (careful when you pronounce it) is a vegetarian creation of a turducken, not exactly sure if a tofu chicken taste different than a tofu duck. The scariest one for me was the turbacon, which was created by the guys of Epic Meal Time, which involved five birds ranging from quail to turkey, with bacon wrapped around it, then stuffed into a small pig. These turbacon ended up being around 79,046 calories in total, little higher than the average meal. Oh, and they added bacon to the outside of the pig (vegetarians nightmare). This crazy turkducken list continues involving donuts, sprinkles, and something that looks great called a turkey cake. Check out the full list and be amazed.



            Share your awesome thanksgiving with us, and we will let you see ours!



            Happy Thanksgiving From Darren & Shannon @ True Treats

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment