Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sickness Sucks


            I am sick right now (BOOOO!), and the last thing I want to do is make any food, more or less move. I find myself drinking tea, and eating a jar of pickles because I lack the energy and regretting I didn’t eat well, when I get tired. I find after talking to a lot of people, trying to come up with something for dinner without a lot of effort. Usually when we lack time, the healthy goes down in our food, which can lead us to getting or continue to being sick. Although chicken strips and canned soup can get you so far, I started exploring different solutions.  I find it easy when you are feeling ill or know that you are going to be busy for week it helps to plan for a few days in advance. It helps to have things thought out, therefore all you have to do is cook the meal. It also helps with overlapping items in meals so they can be used in multiple meals. If five days is too much of a commitment to plan, try a couple, and try to notice how easy it is, and how tasty as well.
 
Monday: Blackened Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Wild Rice (Make extra Chicken and  Rice for Chili)

Tuesday: Salmon on a fresh garden salad

Wednesday: White Bean Chili (use the Blacken Chicken and Rice for this meal)

Thursday: Tomato and Garlic Pasta

Friday: Stir Fry (with protein of choice)

            Doing this type of meal planning wont just help you save time, it also allows you to continue to eat healthy when things went crazy. Since I also brought up being sick, I thought I should bring some ideas to include in your diet if sickness is involved. Lemon and ginger are all known to have beneficial qualities to those who are under the weather, as well as coconut milk, which is known to be anti-bacterial, and an anti-viral. It is also good to include some probiotics such as yogurt of kefir. Also cooking with chicken or vegetable broth is beneficial for the ill, and    also gives flavor to meals, so win-win.

            I also hear cozy pajamas, a good movie and lots of warm tea makes you feel better fast!


                                                                                                Feel Better and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment